AYDEN - A second suspect was arrested in the armed robbery of a Pitt County contracting business, in which one of the suspects was a former employee, deputies said.
Indo Eure, 21, was arrested Friday night, and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle, assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, and felony possession of a firearm by a felon.
He was one of two suspects, accused of robbing Jones & Smith Contracting, at 1588 NC 102 East in Ayden, deputies said. The robbery happened at about 7:20 a.m. Wednesday.
According to investigators, the two suspects, wearing masks, overpowered the two employees inside the business, hitting one of the victims on the head. The suspects allegedly demanded money and fired several gun shots.
Eure's alleged accomplice, Martise Bright, 21, of Grifton, was arrested Friday afternoon. He was also charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon, discharging a firearm into an occupied vehicle, and assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill. Bright was being held in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $100,000 secured bond.
Deputies said Bright was a former employee at Jones & Smith Contracting.
- New Second 15th Street widening project meeting slated for Monday
- New ECU to host four-day symposium focusing on migration issues
- Updated Crowds flock to Saudi Arabia's first Comic Con
- Updated Davis scores big in NBA All-Star Game
- Uber CEO orders 'urgent' investigation after sex harassment allegations