JACKSONVILLE, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies say they are looking for a man accused of shooting his girlfriend in Onslow County Sunday, calling the suspect armed and dangerous.
The Onslow County Sheriff's Office said 31-year-old Dannielle Latrell Morrisey is wanted on two charges-- assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious bodily injury and possession of a firearm by a felon.
Investigators said Morrisey shot his girlfriend on the 500 block of Sage Court, just north of Jacksonville, before 1:45 a.m. Sunday. The victim told deputies Morrisey accused her of having an affair with her ex-boyfriend.
The victim suffered one gunshot wound to the upper portion of her arm, and was taken by the suspect to Onslow Memorial Hospital, deputies said. She was later released.
Deputies said Morrisey is considered armed and dangerous. Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to call the Onslow County Sheriff's Office at 910-455-3113, Sheriff Ed Brown at 910-340-6200, Chief of Investigations Maj. Jon Lewis at 910-459-3503, or Crime Stoppers at 910-938-3273.
- Updated Aftershocks after 2 powerful quakes in central Italy
- Updated Calais Jungle: Children have 'nowhere to go'
- Updated Apple expected to launch first MacBook Pro in 4 years
- Updated After one alleged attack reported, more follow in UW-Madison sex assault case
- Updated Clinton turns to local radio in her campaign's final days