FOUNTAIN, PITT COUNTY - Pitt County deputies say they are searching for a man accused of shooting another man after a fist fight.
According to the Pitt County Sheriff's Office, 33-year-old Gregory Lee Dixon was dropped off at a home on Best Drive in Fountain at about midnight Sunday.
Dixon began arguing with a women when another man, Timothy Bynum, approached and confronted Dixon, investigators said.
A fist fight broke out between the two men, said deputies. Dixon then allegedly took out a small black handgun and shot Bynum in the left forearm, according to investigators.
The victim was taken by Fountain EMS to Vidant Medical Center, where he was treated and released.
Dixon fled the scene on foot, said deputies. A warrant has been issued for Dixon for assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill inflicting serious injury. The suspect also has another outstanding warrant for assault with a deadly weapon, said investigators.
Anyone with information on his whereabouts is asked to Pitt County Sheriff's Office at 252-830-4141 or Crime Stoppers at 252-758-7777.
- Updated Trump warns Wall Street: I'm going to cut drug prices
- Updated Michelle Obama: I went to bed before Trump won
- Updated India's central bank says cash crisis is hurting the economy
- President Obama marks 75th anniversary of Pearl Harbor attack
- Biden stokes 2020 buzz on Colbert: 'Never say never'