PITT COUNTY - Deputies in Pitt County are searching for a man accused of running away during a warrant service.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office said deputies are looking for 22-year-old Jackie Ray King, of Calvert Street.
Investigators said King ran away on foot Tuesday evening when deputies tried to stop him near the intersection of Ivy Road and Mills Road, about a mile from D.H. Conley High School. Investigators were trying to serve a warrant.
Deputies used K-9s to search the nearby woods, but did not find the suspect.
The last known location of King was around Hope Middle School, said investigators. Anyone with information is asked to call the Pitt County Sheriff's Office at 252-902-2800.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Updated Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville