PITT COUNTY - Deputies say a 14-year-old girl who used to live in Pitt County has not been seen by her family in more than a month, and it's believed she is in the company of a 49-year-old Eastern Carolina man. The girl's grandparents say the man is "in love" with the young girl.
Authorities are looking for Shelby Loraine Kelly, 14. They say she lived in Pitt County up until this past summer, when she moved to her grandparents' home in Henderson, N.C. Deputies say Shelby stayed home from school the day she ran away. She was reported missing on November 26, 2012.
They believe she is with Jerry Steven Coburn, 49, of 4196 Lee Street in Ayden. Coburn has outstanding warrants in Vance County and from the Ayden Police Department. Even though his address is listed in Ayden, his last known possible location is Emerald Isle.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'