WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies said they are searching for a gunman who robbed a Beaufort County convenience store.
The heist happened at the Handy Mart on River Road in Washington on the night of Sept. 15, according to investigators. A male suspect, with his face covered, entered the store and showed a handgun, deputies said. He then escaped on foot with an unknown amount of cash.
Investigators said the suspect may have gotten into a passenger car parked nearby. No one was injured during the robbery.
Deputies describe the suspect as a light-skinned black male with a thin build. He is about 20 years old.
Anyone with information is asked to call Beaufort County Crime Stoppers at (252) 974-6400. Residents can also text a tip anonymously by dialing 274637, then typing BCSO131 and the tip itself in the body of the message.
In addition, tips can also be through the Crime Stoppers website, www.beaufortcountycrimestoppers.com. Select the "Tip Line" link and fill out an online form.
Crime Stoppers will pay up to $1,000 for information that leads to an arrest in this case. Tipsters do not have to give their names to receive the reward.
- Updated Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- UPDATE: No bomb discovered after threat made at West Craven Middle School
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race