BLOUNTS CREEK, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies arrested a registered sex offender for allegedly failing to report his address.
According to Beaufort County deputies, they were performing a routine residence check of 42-year-old Richard Wayne Gibbons on April 16. But over the course of six days, investigators did not find Gibbons at his home on River Road in Blounts Creek.
Gibbons was arrested on June 14 and was charged with failure to report new address by sex offender and faillure to provide employment information by sex offender. Gibbons was able to post bond and was released.
- Updated On Mexico trip, Trump leaves press stranded
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated Infantry training building aboard Camp Geiger named for fallen Marine
- Updated Lara Trump visits Eastern North Carolina to support father in law
- Updated Preparations for first ECU home game underway