BLOUNTS CREEK, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies arrested a registered sex offender for allegedly failing to report his address.
According to Beaufort County deputies, they were performing a routine residence check of 42-year-old Richard Wayne Gibbons on April 16. But over the course of six days, investigators did not find Gibbons at his home on River Road in Blounts Creek.
Gibbons was arrested on June 14 and was charged with failure to report new address by sex offender and faillure to provide employment information by sex offender. Gibbons was able to post bond and was released.
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Updated 9-year-old girl dies following head on car collision
- Woman sent to the hospital following car crash with log truck
- Manchester Arena attack: 8-year-old girl among the dead at Ariana Grande concert
- Cops and Barbers event set for Tuesday in Greenville