BLOUNTS CREEK, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies arrested a registered sex offender for allegedly failing to report his address.
According to Beaufort County deputies, they were performing a routine residence check of 42-year-old Richard Wayne Gibbons on April 16. But over the course of six days, investigators did not find Gibbons at his home on River Road in Blounts Creek.
Gibbons was arrested on June 14 and was charged with failure to report new address by sex offender and faillure to provide employment information by sex offender. Gibbons was able to post bond and was released.
- Updated Women's golf tournament will stay at Trump-owned course -- for now
- New Self-driving truck hauls 51,744 cans of beer
- Updated Donald Trump says he will dramatically ramp up donations in final stretch of campaign
- Updated Administration pushes back on criticism of Obamacare rate hikes
- Updated Governor tours storm damage, celebrates openig of Neuse Sports Shop in Kinston