LENOIR COUNTY - Deputies in Lenoir County say two men robbed two stores at gunpoint Saturday night.
The robbers, described as black males between 18- and 20-years-old, first targeted Tienda Mexicana Garibaldi, 1746 Hwy. 11/55 outside Kinston, at approximately 8 p.m., deputies said.
The pair demanded cash from the owner, got the money, and ran away.
Within an hour, the pair robbed the LaGrange Dollar General, 407 E. Washington St., deputies said.
The robbers escaped with cash there, too.
In both instances, authorities arrived at the scene within three minutes of the dispatch, but the robbers had already fled.
"We believe the suspects are the same for both robberies based upon video surveillance in the two stores," said Major Ryan Dawson of the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office in a news release.
"Fortunately, the masked suspects did not harm anyone in these incidents," Dawson said.
Deputies are asking anyone in Greene County who can identify the person with the "Rams" sweatshirt to come forward.
That shirt might be for the Greene Central High School Rams, Dawson said.
Anyone with information regarding the identity of the suspects is asked to call the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office at (252) 559 – 6118 or submit an "ETip" through the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office website at www.lenoircountysheriff.com .
- Updated Apartment complex warns residents about clown trying to lure kids into woods
- Updated Poké Balls pop up in front of Target stores
- Updated Generic EpiPen coming for $300, as Mylan responds to outrage
- Updated Abedin, Weiner separating after new sexting allegations
- Fitbit unveils two new fitness trackers -- including waterproof version