ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies said they are investigating the shooting death of a teenage boy in Onslow County Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Sheriff's Office, a single gunshot wound caused the death of the 16-year-old boy in Hubert. The incident happened at about 3:30 p.m. Wednesday, investigators said.
Deputies did not release the boy's identity or how he was shot. There was also no word on whether anyone else was involved. However, investigators did say the incident was isolated and residents are not in danger.
The Sheriff's Office did not release any other details.
- Updated Supreme Court refuses to restore voter ID, reduce early voting days
- Updated FSU football player wins hearts sharing lunch
- Updated Camp Lejeune reports death of Marine in Beulaville
- Updated NFL clears three more players in PEDs investigation
- Updated Kratom to join heroin, LSD on Schedule I drug list