NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Carteret County deputies arrested a Newport woman and charged her with several meth-related felonies.
Investigators said they arrested 41-year-old Angela Michelle Jones at a Newport address on Thursday. She was charged with possession of meth, sale of meth, maintaining a dwelling with narcotics, and five other charges.
Deputies said they had been investigating Jones for months and obtained warrants for her arrest in July.
Jones was being held in Carteret County Jail under a $20,000 bond.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike