PITT COUNTY - A Pitt County teenager reported missing and believed to be in danger has been found, according to a Pitt County Sheriff's Office spokesperson.
Destiny Demiao, 15, had last been seen on the evening of June 27 at her family's home in Greenville, deputies said. Thursday night, Christy Wallace with the Pitt County Sheriff's Office said Demiao had been located in Greenville.
Wallace said Demiao was safely in the custody of authorities and that tips from the public were helpful in locating Demiao.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'
- Updated Chocowinity town commissioner arrested for allegedly assaulting a female
- Legendary Watermelon Festival continues today