CRAVEN COUNTY - A Cherry Point Marine has been charged with statutory rape involving a 12-year-old, said investigators.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, deputies arrested 20-year-old Bryan Dieppa-Ramirez, of Havelock, on Feb. 9.
Investigators said the suspect committed statutory rape on a 12-year-old girl in Newport in July 2013.
Dieppa-Ramirez is being held in the Carteret County Jail under a $200,000 bond and has already had his first court appearance, said deputies.
Dieppa-Ramirez is a 2nd Marine Aircraft Wing Marine based at Cherry Point, a base official told NewsChannel 12.
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Greater New Bern Business Expo attracts thousands
- Updated Five years since Hurricane Irene made landfall in Eastern Carolina
- Updated Funeral for mother and three children murdered in Greenville
- In presidential elections, size doesn't always matter