PAMLICO COUNTY - Pamlico County investigators have arrested a man and charged him with assaulting a female.
Deputies say Rudy Avila threw a woman on the floor and pointed a shotgun at her. Deputies say Avila also pointed the weapon at a juvenile in the room.
Avila has been charged with two counts of assault by pointing a gun, one county of assault on a female and one count of injury to personal property.
A shotgun with a fired round was recovered from the residence as well other rounds for the weapon.
Avila is in jail under $20,000.00 bond.
- 'Unprecedented' divide: Democrats fear recession, Republicans see boom
- Volunteers come out to help for Reef Habitat Project event
- Updated White House blocks news organizations from press briefing
- Rusted Root to headline stage at 11th annual PirateFest
- Small Ohio town counts on Trump to stave off plant closures