DUPLIN COUNTY - A man is in jail, accused of shooting his uncle at work.
Duplin County deputies say it happened on Potter Hill Loop Road, near Beulaville.
The call came in shortly before 5 p.m. Friday.
Johnathan Steed, 21, is accused of shooting his uncle, Joey Thigpen.
The uncle also employs the suspect; their shop is the location of the shooting.
Deputies say the two had an altercation, which led to Steed shooting his uncle in the arm.
The two live on the same road, in separate residences.
The uncle was treated and released from a hospital.
Steed is facing several charges in connection with the incident.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend