DUPLIN COUNTY - A man is in jail, accused of shooting his uncle at work.
Duplin County deputies say it happened on Potter Hill Loop Road, near Beulaville.
The call came in shortly before 5 p.m. Friday.
Johnathan Steed, 21, is accused of shooting his uncle, Joey Thigpen.
The uncle also employs the suspect; their shop is the location of the shooting.
Deputies say the two had an altercation, which led to Steed shooting his uncle in the arm.
The two live on the same road, in separate residences.
The uncle was treated and released from a hospital.
Steed is facing several charges in connection with the incident.
- Man arrested in fatal stabbing of 2 nuns in Mississippi
- Italy earthquake: A country in mourning begins burying the dead
- Updated Trump spreads claim that Clinton's 'mentor' was 'KKK member'
- Updated ISIS video shows boys executing prisoners
- Nate Parker on 'toxic masculinity,' consent and 'male privilege'