PITT COUNTY - Deputies said they are searching for whoever shot a man in Pitt County Thursday morning.
Anton Godley was shot in the side and was taken to Vidant Medical Center for surgery, according to his family. His condition was unknown.
The Pitt County County Sheriff's Office said it all started when two vehicles were traveling around the Silverado Mobile Home Park in Grimesland at about 4:30 a.m. Thursday.
One of the vehicles stopped and a passenger inside got out, said deputies. That person then shot Godley, who was a passenger inside the second vehicle, according to investigators.
Both vehicles ended up at 1051 South Grimesland Bridge Road, deputies said.
At last check, no arrest had been made.
- Updated You had one job: Meet the firm behind the Oscars' biggest blunder
- New Jacksonville man accused of hitting teen in face with shovel
- Updated Top 25 roundup: UCF stuns No. 15 Cincinnati
- Updated Creighton's Watson turns himself in to answer sexual assault charge
- Updated Tesla gets downgraded to 'sell' by Goldman Sachs