Wayne Deputies said they arrested a man who fired a gunshot as he tried to rob a farm worker.
According to deputies, Casey Roberto Maddox, 21, of Pearlie Drive in Dudley, used a gun to try and rob Fernando Salinas, of Seven Springs, as the victim was working at a turkey farm on April 12. Salinas told investigators that Maddox had threatened to kill him. Maddox fired a gunshot at the ground near Salinas' feet when the victim did not go to his truck to get money, deputies said.
When another turkey farm employee approached, Maddox drove off in his van without getting any money, investigators said.
Maddox was arrested and charged with robbery with a dangerous weapon and second degree kidnapping. He was being held under a $185,000 secure bond.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms