Pitt County deputies arrested a Washington man Thursday after they say he got discarded pharmaceutical bottles from a bin behind a pharmacy and tried to mix water with residue in the bottles and drink it.
Pitt County Sheriff's Office reports it arrested Jeffrey Michael Bell Thursday and charged him with possession of controlled substances.
Detectives with the Pitt County Sheriff's Office Narcotics Unit saw Bell in a vehicle in a parking near Memorial Dr. and Airport Rd. When they approached him, they say they saw a large bag of pharmaceutical stock bottles for controlled substances. The bottles were empty, but some still contained liquid residue.
After speaking with Bell, detectives determined that he had retrieved the discarded bottles form a recycling bin located behind one of the Greenville pharmacies. Further investigation revealed Bell was mixing the residue from the liquid bottles with water and ingesting it.
Bell was taken into custody and remains in the Pitt County Detention Center under a $5,000 secured bond.
- New Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction
- Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Lenoir County Sheriff's Office loses K-9 to medical issue
- Documents: Man tried to bite flight attendant before jumping out of plane in Charlotte
- Manchester attack: Hunt for possible 2nd bomb under way