HARKERS ISLAND, CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a man for allegedly embezzling from a Carteret County elementary school.
William Riley Gillikin Jr., 36, was taken into custody on Friday for allegedly embezzling money from the PTO at Harkers Island Elementary School. There was no word on how much money the suspect allegedly stole.
Gillikin was issued a $10,000 bond. NewsChannel 12 is working to get more details.
- Updated The Fed under attack, but still profitable for taxpayers
- Updated Laundromat with a classroom: Charleston's outreach to underserved kids
- Updated Trooper offers to drive grieving man 100 miles after traffic stop
- Updated Tip-Off tournament moved from Puerto Rico to Florida
- Updated Google launches offline YouTube app and Wi-Fi expansion in India