REELSBORO - Pamlico County Deputies arrested one man after finding him hiding in a woman's bedroom he was allegedly stalking.
Deputies said they received a call from a Reelsboro woman at 2:30 Sunday morning about 53-year-old Terry Boles. The victim said she saw the suspect's car in a parking lot nearby her home, and that Boles had been giving her trouble. The suspect and the victim met on an online dating web site, but the woman recently ended their relationship.
Deputies went into the victim's home and found Boles allegedly hiding in the victim's bedroom.
The victim told deputies Boles had damaged her property, harassed her on the phone, through emails, and had showed up at her home several times before.
"I did speak with her in the yard one day when I was out walking my dog and everything seemed to be OK, but there are certain things people probably don't want to share," Rhonda Breed, a neighbor, said.
Boles was charged with Burglary, Habitual breaking and entering, cyberstalking, and injury to property. He is being held at the Pamlico County Detention Center under $500,000 bond.
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating