JONES COUNTY - The Jones County Sheriff's Office is investigating a possible meth lab. The investigation began Friday afternoon.
The location was released was in the Cobb Road area; that's between Trenton in Jones County and the Lenoir County line. Deputies have not determined the exact contents inside the home.
When deputies started their investigation Saturday morning, David Matthew Spence, 27, was being evicted from the home at the time. When authorities went to question Spence he started to run. A full body search found that Spence was in possession of Pseudoephedrine and some batteries.
Spence faces several charges including felony possession of meth precursors. He is in jail under $50,000 bond and attentional charges are pending.
- Fallen local soldier to be honored at weekend NASCAR race
- Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Many blueberry farmers picking crop earlier than normal
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn
- Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms