JONES COUNTY - The Jones County Sheriff's Office is investigating a possible meth lab. The investigation began Friday afternoon.
The location was released was in the Cobb Road area; that's between Trenton in Jones County and the Lenoir County line. Deputies have not determined the exact contents inside the home.
When deputies started their investigation Saturday morning, David Matthew Spence, 27, was being evicted from the home at the time. When authorities went to question Spence he started to run. A full body search found that Spence was in possession of Pseudoephedrine and some batteries.
Spence faces several charges including felony possession of meth precursors. He is in jail under $50,000 bond and attentional charges are pending.
- Updated 4 reasons why Venezuela became the world's worst economy
- Updated Mercedes-Benz unveils first pickup truck
- Updated Women now drink nearly as much alcohol as men, study finds
- Updated Eight more local counties among 13 additional to receive Disaster Food Assistance
- New One of two workers to die in Boston trench collapse from New Bern