JONES COUNTY - A year-long investigation ends with four people in jail accused of trafficking cocaine.
The Jones County Sheriff's Office says Joe Rhem, Jr. was the ringleader of the group. They believe he is the main supplier of crack cocaine to Jones County. Rhem is charged with trafficking cocaine and conspiring to sell and deliver cocaine. Rhem bonded out of jail immediately.
Jones County Sheriff's Deputies also arrested three people they say were Rhem's drug runners. Kenneth Metts, Sheila Williams and Sarah Mack are all charged with trafficking cocaine. Those three have also bonded out of jail.
All four will make their first court appearance this Friday.
- Updated ISIS in Southeast Asia: Philippines battles growing threat
- Updated British Airways disruption continues for third day after IT system crash
- Updated Pitt Co. Deputy and wife hurt in motorcycle crash
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Seaching for suspect following several larcenies in Snow Hill