VANCEBORO - A church in Vanceboro is broken into, burglarized and ransacked.
Church members tell us St. James Church of Christ, Disciples of Christ was broken into sometime between Saturday night and Monday morning.
The church is off Highway 118.
Whoever broke into the church stole a vault with important documents inside. Church members also say they tried to take sound equipment; they believe suspects broke in through a window.
In February 2012, the same church was the target of another investigation. Deputies said someone stole gas out of the church van for four months. There has been no word on an arrest in that incident.
- Updated Long commute could hurt your health, add to your waistline
- Updated Italy earthquake: At least 2 killed, buildings collapse
- Can Tokyo avoid the curse of the Olympics?
- Trump: 'There could certainly be a softening' on immigration stance
- After gay couple's home is vandalized, a community rallies