PITT COUNTY - The Pitt County Sheriff's Office is investigating how two students apparently overdosed and had to be taken to the hospital.
The two 9th graders of North Pitt High School were alert and talking at Vidant Medical Center Wednesday afternoon, said Brock Letchworth, the spokesperson for Pitt County Schools. The students told school officials they took some kind of pill.
Letchworth said it all started before noon Wednesday, when a teacher tried to wake up one of the students, but he was unresponsive. The teen was able to eventually wake up and was taken by ambulance to Vidant.
The other student was not feeling well and passed out in an office, said Letchworth. That student was taken to the hospital too.
School officials have contacted the parents of those two students.