LA GRANGE, LENOIR COUNTY - Investigators have identified the man shot and killed in Lenoir County Tuesday afternoon.
According to the Lenoir County Sheriff's Office, 21-year-old Duane Lavoris Bright Jr. was found dead with a gunshot wound on South Wooten Street in La Grange. The 911 center received calls of the shooting at about 1:22 p.m. Tuesday.
Based on preliminary interviews, investigators said Bright was in a car by himself when a truck with two people inside pulled up behind Bright's vehicle. The people inside the truck then fired several rounds into Bright's car, killing the victim, the Sheriff's Office said.
Investigators at the scene have identified the suspects. Deputies say they are searching for two suspects and their identities will be released at a later time, said the Sheriff's Office.
Family members of Bright's describe him as a good person who didn't deserve to die. They are hoping the persons responsible for his death will be brought to justice.
"At this time, we have not determined a motive for the shooting, but as the evening progresses, we hope to have these answers," said Sheriff Chris Hill in a statement.
- Updated White House denies wrongdoing in conversations with FBI
- Updated JPD needs public's help identifying man wanted for questioning
- Updated India breaks taboos with new sex ed manual
- New Patriots' Gronkowski: 'No doubt' he will be ready for 2017
- Updated Judge: Only 1 other accuser can testify at Cosby trial