KENANSVILLE - Deputies identify the victim found on Tuesday as 37-year-old Henry Bouyer Jr. of Magnolia.
"This is not a random act, from our investigation at this point, it appears that the victim did know the suspect or suspects in the case," said Duplin County Sheriff Blake Wallace.
Sheriff Wallace has not released a motive or identified any suspects at this time.
A man with a gunshot wound was found dead alongside a Duplin County road Tuesday morning, leading to a homicide investigation.
Dulpin County Sheriff Blake Wallace said the killing did not appear to be a random act. Crime scene investigators converged on Carrolls Road, outside of Warsaw, after a motorist spotted the body and called 911.
The victim was described as a black male who appeared to be in his 30s at the time of his death. Investigators cleared the crime scene by Tuesday afternoon and continued work to identify the body.
The discovery was made around 6:45 a.m. According to the sheriff, the victim likely knew the person or persons responsible for his death.
- Updated NBA rookies say Kinston's Ingram will have best career
- Updated Trump lifts ban on media outlets, at least for pool duty
- New Silver alert issued for missing Washington woman
- Updated NJ Gov. Christie vetoes $15 minimum wage
- Updated Cadillac exec spills company strategy ... in the comments section of a blog