WILLIAMSTON - Martin County investigators announced on Wednesday they identified the human remains found in a wooded area.
The remains belonged to James Michael Pace, deputies said. The Williamston resident was reported missing on October 11, 1997. He was 21 years old when he disappeared.
Deputies said they found pace's remains on August 3rd, in the woods off of Wildcat Road in Williamston. Investigators did not release how Pace died.
- Updated Whopper of a deal: Burger King owner buys Popeyes
- Updated Survey: Business executives' optimism surges under Trump
- Updated Michelin Guide mix-up gives diner coveted star
- Updated Denver man practicing parkour ends up in chimney
- Updated Marine Le Pen in Lebanon row after refusing to wear headscarf