WILLIAMSTON - Martin County investigators announced on Wednesday they identified the human remains found in a wooded area.
The remains belonged to James Michael Pace, deputies said. The Williamston resident was reported missing on October 11, 1997. He was 21 years old when he disappeared.
Deputies said they found pace's remains on August 3rd, in the woods off of Wildcat Road in Williamston. Investigators did not release how Pace died.
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County
- Updated Animal control investigating chemical burns on dog found in Duplin County
- Greenville Hilton earns accolades thanks to guest satisfaction