WILLIAMSTON - Martin County investigators announced on Wednesday they identified the human remains found in a wooded area.
The remains belonged to James Michael Pace, deputies said. The Williamston resident was reported missing on October 11, 1997. He was 21 years old when he disappeared.
Deputies said they found pace's remains on August 3rd, in the woods off of Wildcat Road in Williamston. Investigators did not release how Pace died.
- LIVE FBI reviewing new emails in Clinton classified information probe
- Updated Duplin County man arrested for drugs, guns and explosives
- Updated Viewer captures photos, video of manatees in Pine Knoll Shores
- Updated Bill Cosby is legally blind, according to defense attorneys
- Updated Stocks sink on Clinton email bombshell