Authorities said gunfire was exchanged between a homeowner and suspects after the suspects reportedly broke into the home.
When officials arrived early Wednesday morning they found the homeowner had been shot inside his home.
According to Lt. Robinson, of Martin County Sheriff's Office, around 12:40 a.m. at 2001 Robert Everett Road in Gold Point.
Authorities said four people broke into the home and then gunfire was exchanged between the homeowner and the suspects. The four people took off.
Authorities said there were other people in the home as well at the time of the incident. However, they would not say whether the people were related to the homeowner or not.
Lt. Robinson said two suspects were found at Heritage Hospital with gunshot wounds. They were later taken to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Two other suspects with no injuries were found in Rocky Mount and taken into custody.
The suspects names should be released today.
- Updated ISIS in Southeast Asia: Philippines battles growing threat
- Updated British Airways disruption continues for third day after IT system crash
- Updated Pitt Co. Deputy and wife hurt in motorcycle crash
- One person injured in Greenville shooting
- Seaching for suspect following several larcenies in Snow Hill