A Grifton man shot in the head over the weekend is in serious condition, according to the Kinston Free Press.
Lenoir County deputies say a cousin of the victim found Eric Roach, 22, at a home on West Queen St. in La Grange about 3:00 a.m. Saturday.
Investigators say they believe Roach had been gambling with friends and was shot when he left the house.
Roach was released from jail Dec. 17th on a drug-related conviction.
- Updated 'China's Jack the Ripper' caught after 28 years on the run
- Trump backer tweets cartoon of Clinton in blackface
- Gold Star mom on Kaepernick: I see a flag that draped my son's casket
- Updated Sudan Shriners to hold fundraiser to assist Louisiana flood victims
- Clinton at fundraiser: 'I do not know which Donald Trump will show up' at debates