ONSLOW COUNTY - A high school student in Onslow County is arrested when a school resource officer finds a firearm in the student's backpack.
Deputies say it happened on Tuesday at Dixon High School.
They say the student resource officer was told by a student that there was a firearm in 16-year-old Corey Wolff's bag.
With Wolff's permission, the officer searched the bag and found a pellet pistol.
Wolff was transported to the Onslow County Detention Center and then incarcerated into the jail. He was charged with possession of a firearm on school campus and held on a $500 bond.
The student resource officer says Wolff did not display any danger to the School of any student.
- Tornado watch issued for most of North Carolina
- Updated Investigators stay mum 24 hours after body thought to be missing man's found in ditch
- Updated Tyrrell County residents brace for more after damaging Tuesday storms
- Updated Coast Guard searches for missing crew of capsized Swan Quarter fishing boat
- Demolition date set for old New Bern Days Inn