KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Deputies say they found four pounds of crystal meth hidden in a false compartment of a vehicle during a traffic stop.
The Lenoir County Sheriff's Office says deputies stopped a vehicle with a Georgia license plate for a traffic violation on Highway 70 near Highways 11 and 55 in Kinston.
When a canine unit searched the vehicle, the dog alerted deputies to the drugs.
The Sheriff's Office says the drugs had a street value of $130,000.
Deputies arrested 51-year-old Bolivar Gomez Flores of Atlanta, Ga. Flores is charged with two counts of trafficking methamphetamine, and maintaining a vehicle for keep and sell of controlled substance. He is under a $1 million bond.
- Updated Microsoft expected to launch a Surface PC, Windows 10 updates
- Updated Calais Jungle: Fires rage in migrant camp
- Updated What it takes to work at a haunted house
- Updated Clinton attends Adele concert, singer says 'I am 100%' for her
- Updated Dreamworld accident: victims of theme park tragedy named