KINSTON, LENOIR COUNTY - Deputies say they found four pounds of crystal meth hidden in a false compartment of a vehicle during a traffic stop.
The Lenoir County Sheriff's Office says deputies stopped a vehicle with a Georgia license plate for a traffic violation on Highway 70 near Highways 11 and 55 in Kinston.
When a canine unit searched the vehicle, the dog alerted deputies to the drugs.
The Sheriff's Office says the drugs had a street value of $130,000.
Deputies arrested 51-year-old Bolivar Gomez Flores of Atlanta, Ga. Flores is charged with two counts of trafficking methamphetamine, and maintaining a vehicle for keep and sell of controlled substance. He is under a $1 million bond.
- Updated Alabama Mardi Gras parade canceled after car hits band members
- Updated Google officially reveals its latest robot
- Updated China considers baby bonus for couples to have second child
- Updated Grant Application Intake session slated in Snow Hill
- Updated Starbucks is coming to the home of the espresso