WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies responded to a home on Baker Drive in Washington on Sunday night, where they found a victim stabbed in the abdomen.
The suspect was then identified as 41-year-old Jose Lavastida. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He was held in the Beaufort County Detention Center on a $20,000 secured bond.
The victim was taken to Vidant Beaufort Hospital and was then transferred to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Alcohol use by the victim and the suspect appears to have been a contributing factor in the incident, according to authorities.
Officials said the victim was expected to make a full recovery.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'