WASHINGTON, BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies responded to a home on Baker Drive in Washington on Sunday night, where they found a victim stabbed in the abdomen.
The suspect was then identified as 41-year-old Jose Lavastida. He was arrested and charged with assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury. He was held in the Beaufort County Detention Center on a $20,000 secured bond.
The victim was taken to Vidant Beaufort Hospital and was then transferred to Vidant Medical Center in Greenville.
Alcohol use by the victim and the suspect appears to have been a contributing factor in the incident, according to authorities.
Officials said the victim was expected to make a full recovery.
- Updated Pentagon sends ISIS options to White House
- Updated South Korea's THAAD missile defense system gets land swap approval
- Updated Warren Buffett: Red-hot market not in a bubble, still looks 'cheap'
- Updated Transgender boy wins girls' wrestling championship in Texas
- Updated Academy Awards kills off wrong person