CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies said a man in his 90s was shot and injured in Craven County Monday morning.
According to the Craven County Sheriff's Office, the man, whose identity has not been released, was shot off Keener Avenue north of Bridgeton. Deputies said the activity centered around the barn near the home.
Authorities got the call after 9 a.m.
The man was shot more than once and one of the injuries was in his hip, deputies said. The man suffered non life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital for surgery.
The man was not being cooperative, said investigators. Deputies told NewsChannel 12 the man may have shot himself, but they were not entirely sure.
The investigation is ongoing.
- Carteret Co. Sheriff's Office investigating murder-suicide
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend
- Pine Knoll Shores officials ask public to take precautions during busy holiday
- Traveling Vietnam War memorial in Morehead City for Memorial Day weekend
- NWS confirms tornado touched down in Tyrrell County