CRAVEN COUNTY - Deputies said a man in his 90s was shot and injured in Craven County Monday morning.
According to the Craven County Sheriff's Office, the man, whose identity has not been released, was shot off Keener Avenue north of Bridgeton. Deputies said the activity centered around the barn near the home.
Authorities got the call after 9 a.m.
The man was shot more than once and one of the injuries was in his hip, deputies said. The man suffered non life-threatening injuries and was taken to a hospital for surgery.
The man was not being cooperative, said investigators. Deputies told NewsChannel 12 the man may have shot himself, but they were not entirely sure.
The investigation is ongoing.
- New Two adults arrested, charged with encouraging, enticing children's fight
- Updated Clinton: Trump's 'final target is democracy itself'
- Updated House Dems expand map as super PAC targets Montana
- Updated Child abducted in North Carolina, Amber Alert issued
- Updated GOP schedules RNC member call as Election Day approaches