A drug investigation becomes a death investigation in Wayne County.
Deputies say they stopped a driver in the Dudley area Thursday as part of a drug investigation.
They say the driver -- 56-year-old Reginald Sherwood Grady of Goldsboro -- started having convulsions.
First responders treated Grady for a lengthy time.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
The SBI is investigating, which is routine procedure if officers are present when a death occurs.
The Medical Examiner's Office will conduct an autopsy on Grady to determine the cause of death.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Miami Marlins to honor star pitcher Jose Fernandez