BEAUFORT COUNTY - Newspaper deliverymen stole lawnmowers, an ATV, and other items while running their delivery route in Beaufort County, according to deputies.
Investigators are still looking for one suspect, and have arrested two others.
Authorities got reports of the thefts, including cases of vehicle break-ins, occurring in the River Road area of Washington.
Those incidents were reported between mid-January and early this month, deputies said.
Investigators searched a property on Ormandsville Road in Ayden, and found a stolen ATV, deputies said.
During a separate search of a residence on Willow Green Road in Ayden, deputies located two stolen lawnmowers, according to a news release.
Investigators say the suspects were stealing the items between 3 a.m. and 5 a.m. "while performing contract newspaper delivery for a Greenville business," the news release said.
The trio used the "delivery van... to conceal and transport the stolen lawnmowers and ATV."
Deputies did not say which publication the suspects were delivering.
Deputies are looking for 21-year-old Cornelius Campbell.
Anyone who knows his whereabouts is asked to call the Beaufort County Sheriff's Office at (252) 946-7111. An anonymous tip may be left by calling Crime Stoppers at (252) 974-6400.
- Officials: No threat following claims of man with a gun inside Walmart
- Officials investigating after two bodies found inside home that caught fire
- Five suspects in Lenoir County home invasion now in custody
- Down East Wood Ducks announce roster for start of season
- Updated NC State star Dennis Smith declares for draft