MARTIN COUNTY - The Martin County Sheriff's Office is investigating an attempted burglary.
Deputies say Tuesday afternoon, a man attempted to break into a home on Dan Peele Road. That's just outside of Williamston. Dispatchers told deputies the victim was holding the suspect at the scene until deputies could arrive.
Once deputies arrived on scene, the victim stated the suspect was trying to leave the home through a window when the victim arrived. Nothing was taken from the residence.
The suspect has been identified as Stanley Rodriguez, 21, of Williamston. He's facing a felony charge of breaking and entering, according to a news release.
Bond was set at $5,000.
- Updated Kinston teen receives national award
- Updated Kinston Zumba instructor wins award, gets studio makeover
- Updated Democrats: WH contact with FBI an 'outrageous breach'
- Vidant Beaufort Hospital sets visiting restrictions for children
- Mexican-born NASCAR driver Daniel Suarez in the Daytona 500 spotlight