NEWPORT, CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies arrested a Newport couple for allegedly selling drugs.
Paul Jeranda Delgatto, 39, and Ashley Taylor Barr, 30, are accused of selling methamphetamine to undercover narcotics detectives on several occasions, deputies said.
Delgatto has been charged with three counts of selling and delivering methamphetamine, among other offenses, deputies said. Barr has been charged with two counts of conspiracy to sell methamphetamine, along with other drug-related charges.
Delgatto was being held at the Carteret County Jail under a $30,000 bond. Barr was being held under a $10,000 bond. Both suspects are scheduled to appear in court on Thursday.
- New BREAKING NEWS: Man stabbed by girlfriend in New Bern
- Updated Blast near Bogota bullring injures 31, many of them police, reports say
- Updated Limbaugh on the news media: 'They're enemies of Trump'
- State high school basketball playoff pairings released
- Police search for suspect in deaths of Indiana teens who vanished on hike