LENOIR COUNTY - A police chase in Lenoir County ended when the suspect crashed a stolen car into a deputy's patrol car, according to a news release.
Acting Sheriff Chris Hill said it started at approximately 8:15 p.m. Sunday when deputies tried to pull over Clayton Moore in the Skinner's Bypass area, southwest of Kinston.
Moore did not pull over and the chase wound down Highway 55, Hill said.
Deputies put out stop sticks, and Moore crashed into a patrol car on North Croom Bland Road, about a mile from Highway 55, Hill said.
Deputies planned to charge Moore with DWI, felony larceny of a vehicle, and felony flee to elude, among other charges.
Hill did not report any serious injuries.
- Updated Number of vehicle and apartment break-ins reported in Greenville
- Updated A local family's battle with addiction
- Updated US calls Philippines President's Hitler comments 'troubling'
- Worried about fake bank accounts in your name?
- Updated El Cajon police release video of fatal officer-involved shooting