WASHINGTON, NC - The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office has arrested two people on charges of sex crimes involving children.
On February 8, 2013, the Beaufort County Department of Social Services reported possible child abuse at a residence on Terrapin Track Road in Washington.
Investigators developed information about alleged sex offenses involving juveniles and have arrested Sandie Lea Bland, 36, of Washington with two counts of Sexual Servitude of a Child, and drug and alcohol charges involving a minor.
John Durrin Baker, 73, of Lodge Road in Washington is charged with two counts of Indecent Liberties with a Child.
Baker was released on $50,000 bond. Bland was released on a $12,000 bond.
- Clinton, Trump hours away from historic debate battle
- Updated Reid signals possible solution to funding stalemate
- Updated Stein escorted off Hofstra University campus
- Bridgegate: Port Authority officials planned to make Fort Lee 'traffic jam as bad as possible'
- Updated Miami Marlins remember star pitcher Jose Fernandez