WASHINGTON, NC - The Beaufort County Sheriff's Office has arrested two people on charges of sex crimes involving children.
On February 8, 2013, the Beaufort County Department of Social Services reported possible child abuse at a residence on Terrapin Track Road in Washington.
Investigators developed information about alleged sex offenses involving juveniles and have arrested Sandie Lea Bland, 36, of Washington with two counts of Sexual Servitude of a Child, and drug and alcohol charges involving a minor.
John Durrin Baker, 73, of Lodge Road in Washington is charged with two counts of Indecent Liberties with a Child.
Baker was released on $50,000 bond. Bland was released on a $12,000 bond.
- New New Bern Police arrest man in early-morning shooting
- New Report of rabies reported in Cape Carteret
- Updated White House effort to justify travel ban causes growing concern for some intelligence officials
- New Response to drug activity leads to arrest
- Caught on video: Plane's landing gear collapses in Amsterdam