CHOCOWINITY, BEAUFORT COUNTY - After a month-long manhunt, a suspect was arrested for allegedly stealing guns and a debit card from a Beaufort County home.
According to deputies, 35-year-old Linwood Michael McRoy, Jr., of Old New Bern Road in Chocowinity, stole two firearms and a debit card from a neighbor on April 12. When deputies tried to arrest McRoy on May 22, he allegedly fled on foot into a wooded area.
A tip led investigators to a home in Tarboro, where they arrested McRoy on June 15, deputies said. The suspect was charged with one count of identity theft, one count of financial card theft, and three counts of obtaining property by false pretense. He was being held at the Edgecombe County Jail on a $17,500.00 secured bond.
- Updated Kerry in leaked audio: "I lost the argument" for use of force in Syria
- Updated Hurricane Matthew roars toward Jamaica as Category 5
- Bees placed on endangered species list -- a first in the US
- Trump on Clinton: 'I can be nastier than she ever can be'
- Illinois to yank billions from Wells Fargo amid scandal