SALISBURY - Authorities in Rowan County have released a 13-year-old boy to the custody of his mother after he threatened his live-in baby sitter with a steak knife when she asked him about his homework.
The Salisbury Post reports that the Rowan County Sheriff's Office said the 31-year-old baby sitter made an after-school snack for the boy and asked him about his homework.
Investigators say the boy didn't respond, and the baby sitter picked up the boy's backpack and walked into another room on Tuesday. They say the boy became upset, and when the baby sitter turned around, the boy was holding a steak knife. The woman then called 911.
The boy was taken into custody, then given a juvenile referral to set up a court appearance.
- Updated 10,000 stinging wasps make colossal nest in English country house
- Updated Jury finds second suspect guilty of triple murder at Farmville store
- Updated 7 Memorable Presidential Debate Moments
- Updated Police: Man arrested and charged 29 years after alleged rape
- Clinton and Trump: Who's on the debate guest list