DOVER - A 13-year-old boy is taken to the hospital after he accidentally shot himself in the hand with what Craven County deputies said was a flare gun.
It happened Sunday morning on North Main Street in Dover.
The boy was taken to Vidant Medical Center and is in stable condition.
It's unclear the extent of the boy's injuries.
- Updated Death of senior leader al-Adnani caps bad month for ISIS
- Ryan Lochte's new endorsement deal is for crime prevention device
- Beaufort County deputies arrest registered sex offender living in Chocowinity
- Fire chief killed in workers' bus crash remembered as 'amazing'
- ECU professor predicts presidential election results