LENOIR COUNTY - Lenoir County deputies on Friday arrested a man who allegedly set his house on fire to collect insurance money.
Conelio Perez, 48, is charged with second-degree arson.
The arrest wraps an investigation that has stretched more than two years.
Investigators say the fire was in late February of 2011 at 3829 Hwy. 11 south in Deep Run.
Deputies say Perez confessed to the crime, and his plan was to collect about $25,000 in insurance money.
- Updated Clinton blasts Trump attacks on foundation
- New waterfront park and boat access is symbol of recovery, dedication planned Saturday
- Zip line fall leaves Delaware woman dead
- Crews battle fire in unoccupied Greenville apartment
- Updated Clinton: Trump leading 'hate movement'; Trump: Clinton a 'bigot'