RICHLANDS, ONSLOW COUNTY - What started as a probation violation check up ended with a suspected meth lab investigation.
Onslow County Sheriff's deputies arrested three people -- Charles Henson, Fresco Moore and Natasha Brewer -- just after midnight Friday.
It started in a secluded, woodsy neighborhood. A neighbor, who didn't want to be identified, says he saw the deputy cars arrive at the scene.
"I don't know what happens back that way," the neighbor said. "I don't go back there, so I just stay up here in my hole."
Deputies say they were checking up on Henson for a probation violation. They had information that he was at Brewer's home on Dails Lane in Richlands. When they went inside, deputies say they found a one-pot meth lab right out in the open.
"I can't believe it," the neighbor said. "I know it could happen it can happen anywhere. It can happen right under your nose."
There was a note on the home's front door, warning neighbors to be careful near that home, because of the hazardous chemicals deputies say they found inside.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- New Cops and Barbers works to bridge gap between GPD, community
- Updated Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere