CHOCOWINITY, BEAUFORT COUNTY - A Beaufort County teenager is facing a long list of charges for allegedly breaking into several homes, buildings and vehicles.
Jeffery Campbell Jr., 17, of Chocowinity, was being held in jail under a $120,000 secured bond.
According to deputies, Campbell burglarized a home on Main Street in Chocowinity at about 1:02 a.m. on Sept. 24. The victims woke up and found the suspect inside the residence, investigators said. Campbell allegedly stole several items from the home, including a shotgun and ammunition.
Campbell then escaped from the scene, prompting a search, deputies said. During that search, investigators discovered that other homes, buildings and vehicles had been broken into on 2nd Street, Jones Circle and Bragaw Lane in Chocowinity.
Campbell has been charged with the following:
- Two counts of first-degree burglary,
- Two counts of felonious breaking and Entering
- One count of larceny of a firearm
- Five counts of breaking and entering of a motor vehicle
- four counts of larceny after breaking and entering
- Three counts of misdemeanor larceny
Additional charges are expected, deputies said. The stolen items have been returned to the victims.