SNEADS FERRY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect in Thursday afternoon's bank robbery in Sneads Ferry.
According to Sheriff Ed Brown, David Sharlow, of Onslow County, was arrested in Pender County. Sharlow allegedly handed a note demanding money to a clerk at the First Citizens Bank at 960 Highway 210. Deputies got the call at about 12:55 p.m.
Sharlow was the only suspect in the bank robbery, investigators said. But deputies did not explain how much money was taken.
According to investigators, no one was hurt.
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- Facility for developmentally disabled gets overhauled kitchen
- Coast Guard to use air units in search for local fishing crew