SNEADS FERRY, ONSLOW COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect in Thursday afternoon's bank robbery in Sneads Ferry.
According to Sheriff Ed Brown, David Sharlow, of Onslow County, was arrested in Pender County. Sharlow allegedly handed a note demanding money to a clerk at the First Citizens Bank at 960 Highway 210. Deputies got the call at about 12:55 p.m.
Sharlow was the only suspect in the bank robbery, investigators said. But deputies did not explain how much money was taken.
According to investigators, no one was hurt.
- Updated Before his coma he spoke English; after waking up he's fluent in Spanish
- Auburn to honor Barkley with statue
- Pope opens private summer residence to visitors
- Governor tours Princeville, visits Rocky Mount Disaster Recovery Center
- Former President Bill Clinton taking bus tour through Greenville