ROANOKE ISLAND, DARE COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect for the shooting death of another man in Dare County.
Edgar Govan, 48, of Manteo, is being held on a murder charge at the Dare County Detention Center.
According to Dare County deputies, Edgar shot a man on Fernando Street in Roanoke Island at about 1 a.m. Friday. The victim was taken to The Outer Banks Hospital, where he died, investigators said.
The identity of the victim will not be released until family members are notified, deputies said. There was no word on a motive for the deadly shooting.
- New Campaign manager points to 'undercover Trump vote' in polling gap
- Updated Maternal deaths down globally, up in US
- Updated Flight delayed over bizarre crew member tiff
- Updated Family Dollar store robbed at gunpoint, suspect on the loose
- Updated Closest potentially habitable planet to our solar system found