ROANOKE ISLAND, DARE COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect for the shooting death of another man in Dare County.
Edgar Govan, 48, of Manteo, is being held on a murder charge at the Dare County Detention Center.
According to Dare County deputies, Edgar shot a man on Fernando Street in Roanoke Island at about 1 a.m. Friday. The victim was taken to The Outer Banks Hospital, where he died, investigators said.
The identity of the victim will not be released until family members are notified, deputies said. There was no word on a motive for the deadly shooting.
- Havelock PD seeks person of interest in club stabbing
- Seven Springs man ends up in ICU after fight with detention officers
- Suspects in animal cruelty case to appear in court Monday
- National Boat Safety Week encourages safety in the water
- Pitt County NAACP to hold meeting to discuss families, mental health