CARTERET COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a suspect but are still looking for one more in an assault and robbery at a Carteret County home.
Casey Arnold Smith has been charged with first-degree burglary and common law robbery.
According to the Carteret County Sheriff's Office, Smith and another man attacked and robbed a man at the victim's home on Shore road in Mill Creek. The robbers stole some cell phones and broke the victim's doors and windows, deputies said. It happened on the night of Jan. 30.
The victim sustained minor injuries but was not taken to the hospital, said investigators.
Deputies said they are looking for the other male robber, but a description has not been released. Anyone with information is asked to call the Carteret County Sheriff's Office and ask for Det. Greg Mason.
- Updated Court sets September 13 deadline for Clinton FBI emails
- Updated Kinston welcomes professional baseball back to Grainger Stadium
- Updated AP: Brazilian police charge Lochte with filing false report
- Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: Men have 'gotta get over' their issues with equal pay
- Updated Trump: No legal status for undocumented immigrants