PITT COUNTY - Investigators said a drunken domestic dispute led to a stabbing arrest in Pitt County.
Paula Christine Watson, 29, of Washington, was booked in jail at about 6 p.m. Wednesday on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon inflicting serious injury.
Deputies did not say what led up to the stabbing, but did say that alcohol was involved. Both Watson and the victim were taken to a hospital, where they were treated and released, investigators said.
There was no word on where in Pitt County the alleged attack happened. The victim's identity was not released.
Watson was being held on a $7,500 bond at the Pitt County Detention Center. Her first court appearance was Thursday morning.
- Vietnam Traveling Memorial Wall arrives in Morehead City
- NOAA predicts above-average hurricane season for 2017
- Couple watches in horror as kittens tossed from moving car, run over
- Havelock Police, high school students explore the horrors of drunk driving
- State natural, cultural sites and military discounts for Memorial Day