BEAUFORT COUNTY - Deputies have arrested a Beaufort County man accused of sexually assaulting a minor.
Jesse James Blount Jr., 50, of Washington, has been charged first-degree statutory sexual offense, indecent liberties with a child, and other charges, investigators said.
Deputies said they were notified of the sexual assault on July 30. Blount was arrested in Martin County on Sept. 21. He was being held on a $200,000 secured bond.
- Son kills father, himself in murder-suicide in Morehead City
- One dead, two injured after early-morning shooting in New Bern
- Coast Guard calls off search for missing Hyde County boaters off Georgia
- Dudley man shot, killed early Saturday; Goldsboro Police investigating
- Travelers out in bunches for Memorial Day weekend