Deputies arrested a second suspect in an attempted murder in Farmville.
Corey Speight, 26, is in the Pitt County Detention Center under a 1.5 million dollar bond.
Investigators say Speight and Jeffrey Ebron, Jr., 21, fired shots at an occupied car Sunday on Anderson Ave. and Godwin Dr. in Farmville.
Both men are charged with two counts of attempted first degree murder, among other charges.
Police say they found a 17-year-old with a gunshot wound to his thigh shortly after the shooting.
Officers say he accidentally shot himself while running away from the scene.
- Body found along side of road in Jacksonville
- Law enforcement investigating deputy-involved shooting in Ayden
- Chocowinity soldier killed in action to be honored in NASCAR race
- Updated Tornado touches down in Sampson Co., warnings issued elsewhere
- Wood Ducks featured on Xfinity car for Charlotte race